Mac users may now easily generate, edit, and alter PDF documents with the help of PDF editors. The necessity for trustworthy PDF editing software has increased dramatically as the amount of digitally stored information has grown.
Mac users are lucky in that several different PDF editors, each with their own set of features and capabilities, are available to them.
In this article, we’ll evaluate PDF Expert VS PDFpen, two well-liked PDF Mac editors. Our goal is to assist Mac users in selecting the most suitable PDF editor by providing a thorough comparison of their key features, usability, cost, and more.
PDF Expert is a robust PDF editor. It provides a variety of options to facilitate PDF management and modification. PDF Expert has been a favourite among Mac users looking for a powerful PDF editing solution due to its user-friendly design and extensive features.
PDF Expert provides a wide variety of tools and options for working with PDF documents. Among its many notable features are:
- Highlighting, underlining, striking out text, and adding comments are just some of the annotation tools available in PDF Expert. It also allows you to add text boxes, stamps, and drawings.
- PDF Expert makes it simple for users to fill out and sign interactive forms. It also has the ability to digitally sign papers, saving users time and paper.
- PDF Expert is a document management tool that allows users to combine PDFs, reorganize pages inside a single file, and even divide files in two. It also has a robust search feature that makes it easy to look for specific text within PDFs.
- Multiple users can edit the same document at the same time thanks to the software’s collaborative editing features. PDFs can be emailed, sent through chat apps, or uploaded to a cloud storage service for easy sharing.
The PDF Expert interface is designed to be simple and straightforward to use. Users will have no trouble locating the features they require thanks to the streamlined design. The software’s quick reactions and silky operation make for a pleasant experience.
PDF Expert is priced on a subscription basis, with monthly and annual options available. Users with either a short- or long-term need for the program can take advantage of the pricing plan’s scalability.
Users can test out PDF Expert before committing to a paid subscription by taking advantage of the free trial period.
Pros and cons of PDF Expert
- Powerful markup and annotation features for intensive document revision.
- Digital signatures and form filling that is quick and painless.
- Powerful tools for cataloging and managing your documents.
- Easy methods of working together and sharing information.
- Simple and straightforward design.
- Users hoping for a one-time purchase may want to look elsewhere than the subscription-based price scheme.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is an example of a premium function that isn’t included in the freemium edition and must be purchased separately.
As a whole, PDF Expert is an excellent PDF editor for Macs, thanks to its comprehensive set of features and intuitive interface. It is widely used by Mac users that need a solid PDF editing solution due to its user-friendly UI and extensive feature set.
PDFpen is a widely-used PDF editor. It provides Mac users with a wide variety of features and tools designed with them in mind. PDFpen is a powerful option for anyone who need sophisticated PDF editing tools because of its concentration on editing, formatting, and optical character recognition (OCR).
PDFpen provides Mac users with a wealth of advanced tools and functionality that make PDF editing a breeze. Important characteristics include:
- PDFpen is an editing and formatting application that may be used to change the text, graphics, and other components of PDF files. It allows you to change the size, color, and typeface of your fonts. Images within PDFs can be resized, cropped, and rotated by the user.
- PDFpen’s built-in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology makes it easy to transform scanned documents into editable and searchable text. When dealing with PDFs that are only images or cannot be edited, this function comes in handy.
- PDFpen provides users with the ability to encrypt and password-protect their PDFs, allowing for more secure document management and limiting who has access to sensitive information.
- PDFpen can open, edit, and save PDFs inside the context of the user’s desired workflow by integrating with other Mac programs such as Apple’s Preview, Mail, and iCloud.
PDFpen’s intuitive UI was created to make altering PDFs a breeze. Its design is user-friendly, making it simple to access its many capabilities. The software’s user interface is well-organized, making it simple to find and use the features you need.
PDFpen’s several license tiers are designed to accommodate a wide range of users. It has a basic version aimed at casual users and a more advanced “Pro” version aimed at professionals. Users have the option of making a one-time purchase or subscribing on an ongoing basis, giving them the freedom to tailor their experience to their own needs.
Pros and cons of PDFpen
- Advanced text and image formatting choices, as well as a wide range of other editing tools.
- The optical character recognition capabilities can make readable text from scanned materials.
- Password- and encryption-protected document storage and retrieval.
- Integrates seamlessly with other Mac programs to improve productivity.
- Simple design and straightforward functionality.
- The Pro version’s premium extras can only be unlocked with a paid upgrade.
- New users may have a difficult time getting the hang of more complex features.
In general, PDFpen is an excellent PDF editor with comprehensive editing, formatting, and OCR options for Mac users. The ease of use and compatibility with other Mac programs make it a great choice for PDF editing. PDFpen offers a complete answer for Mac users in need of a powerful PDF editor, however certain extra functions may be purchased separately.
Short Comparison of PDF Expert VS PDFpen
Both PDF Expert and PDFpen provide Mac users with powerful tools for editing PDFs. PDF Expert’s strengths lie in its annotation and collaboration tools, whereas PDFpen’s strengths lie in its sophisticated editing, formatting, and OCR functions.
In the end, it comes down to personal taste and practical considerations when deciding between the two. Users who need extensive editing options and OCR functionality may find PDFpen more suitable than PDF Expert, whereas users who rely significantly on collaboration and cloud integration may favor PDF Expert.
To sum up, two powerful Mac PDF editors are PDF Expert and PDFpen. Users that place a premium on working in teams and facilitating easy document sharing will find PDF Expert to be an ideal tool. PDFpen, on the other hand, is geared toward users who need sophisticated editing tools and optical character recognition (OCR), particularly when working with scanned documents.
Both pieces of software offer intuitive interfaces and a wealth of features. In the end, customers should consider their own requirements, interests, and budget while deciding between PDF Expert and PDFpen. When making a choice, it’s important to think about how the features, pricing, and functions of a potential solution will affect your workflow specifically.
PDF Expert and PDFpen, both available for Mac, improve the PDF editing experience and make it easier to generate, edit, and manage PDF files.